CodeBoxx has recently surpassed the symbolic number of 150 graduates. This milestone is especially impressive given what the past 16 months has been with the global pandemic forcing us to deliver our cohorts remotely. What is also impressive is the diversity and variety of profiles we saw graduating and launching a career in tech over the past few months. There are amazing individual stories on our (brand new) website’s testimonials section you can read and watch, but we want to give you a high level overview of the graduates’ background. Our mission is to allow people from all walks of life to get a chance at a career in tech and the numbers below prove exactly that we are fulfilling our mission.
- 67.1% of graduates had no programming experience prior to the bootcamp
- 67.4% of graduates didn’t have college/university diplomas or experience
- 79% of graduates are between 17 and 35 years old. 15.7% are between 36 and 45 years old.
- 13.5% of graduates are women
- Starting salaries of graduates range from $35,000 to $67,000, with an average around $47,000
Wonderful numbers, right? Indeed!
These numbers should answer a few questions that we get a lot: “I have never programmed before, is it for me?” or “I only have a high school diploma, is it for me?”. YES and YES! CodeBoxx is open to everyone and is designed to remove as many barriers to entry as possible so anyone can give it a shot. No upfront tuition, laptop loan program, no prerequisite, etc. CodeBoxx is 100% different from any other education experience you might have had before! Anyone can succeed at CodeBoxx with the proper levels of commitment and effort and the numbers above prove it, but we want to be transparent as well: our accelerated approach and the bootcamp format might not be for everyone. In short, open to everyone doesn’t mean it suits everyone. That being said, this is why we created a 2-week program called Genesis to make sure interested candidates can validate their will and interest in becoming a developer and evaluate if the format fits their needs and learning capacity. If the fit is not right after Genesis, candidates can withdraw and will have enjoyed a great 2 weeks of programming for free! Here are some numbers from our past cohorts.
- 67% of the Genesis program’s candidates move onto the 14-week Odyssey program. For the vast majority of those who don’t move on to Odyssey, they had the choice to move on, but they realized they didn’t like technology after all, they didn’t want to become a developer after trying it for 2 weeks or the accelerated format was simply not for them. For the minority who does not move on to Odyssey after Genesis, they have failed to reach the threshold of points that allow them to qualify for Odyssey. They are typically more than welcome to come back in a future cohort.
- The graduation rate from the Odyssey Program is 73%.
- CodeBoxx’s all-time placement rate is above 90%
The takeaway the statistics you just read is the following: CodeBoxx will offer you a risk-free opportunity to launch your career in technology in 4 months, but nothing is given, everything is earned at CodeBoxx. You must be ready to work hard and devote and dedicate 100% of yourself to the program for its full duration, but the reward at the end makes it worth it!